Monday, April 2, 2012

Oh i have been busy!

I have been getting my painting and sewing on. Did a few things this weekend and today!  First  i decided to paint our dresser in our bedroom to match our bed that i did a year ago. Been putting it off cause it was time consuming because the thing is so darn heavy i can't move it. So i just painted in the bedroom.
Then i decided to make a slipcover for an ottoman i really was not using. Added it to Carol( chair)
I went with the Zebra print for the ruffle because i had enough material already  and  Why not mix it up? I did make a little Zebra print petals around the pillow flower for a touch !


I have some Zebra print accessories around the house so ....
Then i was at Value Village and spotted this nightstand ! Had another coupon in my purse so for$ 30.00 i bought it. Did i need it? Nope but i like the key looking knobs and the wire on the doors. Of course i painted it black and added gold to it.
I had that table i made with the plant stand here but i took that apart and put the tray topper on the coffee table
Gosh i gotta quit going into the thrift stores. I have no room,, lol:) 

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Magnific!! Looks so luxurious and comfy, I would love to have that theme in my bedroom too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nightstand. Your charis and ottoman are looking great. All the colors look wonderful.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy!! I paint my furniture in place too, much to my husbands dismay. Your changes look great!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the black finish you did on the dresser. The night stand looks great, too , especially with the gold highlighting. What a gorgeous chair and ottoman... really nice fabrics with great pattern and color! Love your taste and style.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorating inspires me so. Every time I come over and visit, you always have something wonderful to see. I love the black, white, and red. I have the same in my kitchen, and I never get tired of looking at it. It is such a classic color combination.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read you do a lot of painting and sewing to get that expensive look you love.I would love to be talented in those areas.I would just have to win the lotto to get your gorgeous look.Wonderful home you have :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments , I love to read them!