Saturday, November 24, 2012

We Now have an Elf Greeter!

I started my first craft project this weekend! Went to Michaels and bought a wire wreath. Then proceeded to cut up and tie about 8 rolls of ribbon.
Then being inspired by a women that makes the most AWESOME , AMAZING ELF WREATHS, but I can't afford to buy one of hers. :( I decided to make my own within my budget)
With some felt I had. I made him some pants with a belt

  A HAT
Fabric legs and some felt shoes.

Complete with some ornaments and a sign! Then hung him on the front door to greet our visitors!
I am not going to lie. I am rather pleased with myself . Ok , with my project! ( well , myself) lol.

It took me 2 days to complete. ANd after the pain in my arm goes away ( all that twisting ect.) I may start another Christmas project!   Go check out petalsand plumes.com Her wreaths are just dreamy. With all her detail. and high end  fabric,ribbon and accessories , i can understand why they are expensive and worth it!  And the time she puts in to make them. They really are a work of art!  She sells them on Etsy. too!
linking to becolorful.typepad.com , debbie-debbiedoos.com

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I am very impressed!! It looks professionally done! You need to go into your own business. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I love it alllllllll.......lol....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Это очень прекрасный эльф,сказочный!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am sorry i have no idea what this says. hope its nice.

      Delete
  4. It turned out adorable and I love your whole front porch area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely ADORABLE...like the cutest ever. So glad you shared it with my party. Thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,,,you are blessed with amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the color, your house is indeed a happy place, with rich colors...love your elve wreath really fun, and very creative..

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments , I love to read them!